Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blogging Rules

I'm excited to see more people interacting with my blog. It's been fun reading the responses.

I think it would even be more fun if the following rules are followed.

1) No anonymous posts please. If you don't have the courage to post your convictions then you may need to refrain from posting a reply. Moreover, blogs are great places for us to get to know each other better. Let's take advantage of this opportunity. It's also difficult for me to reply to "anonymous" if there are six anonymous responses! So add your name!

2) No ad hominem arguments. Ad hominem is a type of argument that appeals to the emotions rather than logic or reason. They usually take the form of attacking an opponent's motives. This style of argument never seeks to discover the truth. Please refrain from using it.

3) Be clear and concise. Don't ramble.

4) Remember the power of the tongue! Many of us have been convicted by our tongues since we've been going through the Book of James. Let's be slow to speak (or type!). Remember that once you hit "publish" it's too late.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Wow - posting rules! I typically choose anonymous when I feel shy.

Anonymous said...

your an idiot. these rules are the dumbest things i've ever read. why because they hurt my feelings. i feel like you are telling me that i can't exhibit my own thoughts and feelings. we are emotional people and experience life emotionally, so if i want to post a comment based on emotions and not logic, then that is my opinion.

you can't legislate me! i will do whatever the heck i want to do!!!!!

i rule.

nate hughes said...

just joking. i love you. i'm a mocker.