Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Church


A few months ago Nate Hughes and I preached a sermon together about becoming a missionary. I find this picture of him convicting. The sign he holds reads, "I am the church" in the Czech language.

I'm reminded that the Church is meant to be the light of the WORLD. In God's infinite wisdom and kindness, He has chosen to use you and I to reach the world with the good news of Jesus and, subsequently, usher in His Kingdom. Sunday service at 76th & Greenway-Hayden is only part of being the Church. The other part is taking the Gospel to Kierland Commons, Las Vegas, and the Czech Republic.

If you haven't signed up for a mission trip yet, DO IT!

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." - Matthew 24:14

No comments: