Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"The Blasphemy Challenge"

I found the following in this months Discipleship Journal. The following will make your heart hurt and your skin crawl.

WHAT WOULD YOU WAGER FOR YOUR SOUL? Visitors to www.blasphemychallenge.com are invited to risk eternal damnation in exchange for a DVD of the documentary The God Who Wasn't There. Participants must post online a vidoe of themselves verbally denying the exitence of the Holy Spirit (the unforgivable sin according to one interpretation of Mk. 3:28-29).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey J,

how completly disturbing, I did not actually watch any of the videos, I couldnt.
I was just amazed to see how many people are jumping at the chance to do this.

How did you hear of this?

I can only imagine some dark force in the shadow land enjoying the view.. like I said, it is just disturbing to the core of the soul.

blessings,
Q

Anonymous said...

I went to the link and I was just dumbfounded. I don't understand how people can see creation and not believe that there is a God. It is just so impossible not to believe. My heart hurt after seeing that sight. How can we as brother and sisters in Christ do something?

Brianna

Bobby said...

i think its an example of how the postmodern manifesto has an overtly and undeniable hypocritical nature. in this age of tolerance, spiritual curiosity, and anti-modernism, the Holy Spirit still, for the most part hasnt been invited to the pluralistic party. and even modernists are still afraid and reluctant to talk about Him. later dude and God bless.

Anonymous said...

I heard about this quite a while ago on the Albert Mohler program.

I have the overriding desire to NOT see the video. My stomach already feels queasy with the notion, to be honest. Satan has so blinded them that he can make such an obvious appearance here and still not be noticed by his victims. So sad.